Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON) (TSX: CRON) global cannabis company, with a presence across five continents, whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The Company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. In less than two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for a Web Developer– Come join our dynamic team!
As the Web Developer, you will be responsible for the designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to brand specifications. The successful candidate will work with our graphics team to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this position will be based out of our Stayner Ontario office.
- Creating, designing, and maintaining public websites and ensuring their compatibility across various platforms and browsers
- Writing new and maintaining existing code, preferably PHP
- Publishing content, maintaining continuity of themes, design layout, streamlining navigation and increasing online presence
- Incorporating brand approved elements (photography, illustrations, graphic elements, typography and copy) that follow brand standards, messaging and online presence
- Research and advise regarding technical requirements, concerns or issues related to project specific needs
- Partnering with internal and external teams and/or vendors to bring projects from conception to completion, on budget and on schedule
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications
- Proficient in My SQL
- Skill in web content management, usability, architecture, design, and development
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, complex large and small projects concurrently and strategically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with little supervision, while learning new technologies quickly
- Ability to work well independently or integrate into a team environment with proven eye for detail, strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Creative thinker, problem solver with excellent time management, planning & organizational skills
- Self-confidence and have the ability to accept constructive criticism and feedback regarding design work
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience with SEO and SEM
In your application, please include:
- Resumé and cover letter
- Digital portfolio or link to portfolio
Applications submitted without a digital portfolio will not be considered.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.