Trade Marketing Manager
Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Trade Marketing Manager who will work within the Marketing department and report to the Head of Marketing. As the Trade Marketing Manager you will be responsible for leading the development of trade spends and budgets, guiding customer revenue objectives to deliver against annual targets as well as establishing trade spending optimization through data and market analysis. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Toronto, ON
- Develop, create and execute the Company’s annual Shopper Marketing strategy/plan, which will increase shopper engagement and influence them to “buy more” in-store
- Build trade marketing campaigns while establishing budgets for POS
- Develop customer trade spend investment strategies to maximize business results
- Deploy trade spending and set annual Customer trade spend rates
- Work with customer teams and finance to identify, quantify, and reconcile opportunities
- Lead the optimization and efficiency of trade spends
- Work with sales to set annual gross revenue targets
- Responsible for the analysis and forecasting of promotional plan impacts
- Act as a liaison between the Brand and Sales teams to ensure strategic alignment, encouraging collaboration
- Effectively use research data (where available), to develop actionable insights to drive better retail strategies related to the 4 P’s with a focus on promotion
- Own the creation and implementation of shopper and retail marketing materials and display vehicles
- Brief and manage agency relationships for POS
- Evaluate ROI on shopper initiatives
- Assist with execution of trade elements for new product launches: including path to launch, product samples, listing information, sell sheets, sales decks, POS
- Creating “Gold Standard” channel specific merchandising strategies
- Owns and outline key steps and timelines in developing the annual Shopper Marketing plan, which includes leading the identification of opportunities to ensure that the brand impact is maximized
- Manage the annual Shopper Marketing budget
- Develop program KPI’s and “perfect store” modeling for activation
- Trade Marketing SME in Tier 1 CPG, Beverage Alcohol, Tobacco, Pharmaceutical North America
- 5 + years of direct retail trade marketing shopper centric projects, and launches
- A business degree (Bachelors/Masters) from an accredited Canadian University
- Data driven and literate (MS Office intermediate/advanced with advanced Excel)
- Ability to travel GTA/Central Ontario 15%
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com