Senior Procurement Specialist
Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Specialist – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Toronto, ON, with occasional travel to Stayner, ON.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for executing strategic sourcing initiatives, contract management and managing the supplier relationship program.
- Executes cost reduction strategies, analyzes the current category landscape, conducts market analyses, recommends short/long term sourcing opportunities.
- Drives value in supply chain/total cost of ownership sourcing initiatives through early engagement, commercial acumen and market knowledge including leading cost reduction initiatives in pursuit of total cost of ownership savings and enhanced service levels for internal clients.
- Leads/facilitates strategic supplier selection to optimize cost, quality, lead-time, service, innovation, risk and value.
- Optimizes and monitors critical metrics to assess and lead supplier performance including performance metrics, risk assessment and improvement initiatives.
- Develops and maintains necessary tools, templates, processes to support efficient sourcing in procurement and tracks performance of category portfolios and suppliers.
- Manages and maintains supplier contracts from commencement of negotiations through regular performance reviews including managing any change management activities.
- Responsible for making recommendations as it relates to sourcing strategies and executes implementation.
Knowledge of and skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience of strategic sourcing and contracting practices/standards.
- Demonstrated experience in contract development, administration and negotiations
- Strong commercial acumen and business judgment.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills to build and maintain effective partnerships with into clients and suppliers.
- Negotiation skills to support contract negotiations and resolve issues.
- Analytical skills to assess client requirements and develop innovative procurement strategies and options, factoring in potential risks and issues.
- Project management and organizational skills to plan, coordinate, and lead major procurement projects and translate business needs into procurement documents/requirements.
- Oral and written communications to provide advisory services to clients, prepare and present procurement reports, contracts, legal agreements, liaise with internal resource contacts and external stakeholders, conduct meetings and prepare procurement documents.
Qualifications and Education:
- Post Secondary education in Purchasing, Accounting or Administration preferred
- PMAC/CPP/CPIM type designation preferred
- Able to supply acceptable Criminal Record Check
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org