Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineer – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Toronto, ON, with occasional travel to Stayner, ON.
Cronos Group is seeking a Packaging Engineer who will work within the Automation Department and report to the Automation Manager. As the Packaging Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert on packaging systems-materials and package component design. You will also be responsible for overseeing packaging design and implementation. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine the physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- Must be able to manage complex multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Identify and implement cost savings initiatives related to packaging materials and packaging machinery.
- Optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Work with the manufacturing department to ensure the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Work in a cross departmental capacity, coordinating packaging requirements from domestic regulation, pharmaceutical requirements, and marketing/branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar field is required.
- Have 5+ years of experience in automated packaging – preferably in pharmaceuticals or another regulated industry.
- Intimate knowledge of material selection packaging design and testing, package component procurement, and packaging machinery.
- Good reasoning ability to solve a wide range of operational/regulatory obstacles.
- Ability to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, financial analysis, correlation techniques, and sampling theory
- Able to understand and utilize management reports and plans to conduct business
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org