Graphic Designer and Web Developer
Graphic Designer and Web Developer
Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSXV: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The Company is scaling operations rapidly and globally.
We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for a Graphic Designer and Web Developer – Come join our dynamic team!
As the Graphic Designer and Web Developer, you will be responsible for the visual identity of several different brands. Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this position is located in Toronto, Ontario but will require travel to Stayner, Ontario 25% of the time.
- Creating consumer facing posters, social media graphics, web banners and graphics, email newsletters, flyers and catalogues, presentations, instore POS, consumer packaging, etc. in accordance with industry guidelines; from concept to completion
- Creating, designing, and maintaining public websites and ensuring their compatibility across various platforms and browsers
- Writing new and maintaining existing code, preferably PHP
- Publishing content, maintaining continuity of themes, design layout, streamlining navigation and increasing online presence
- Developing and creating brand style guides and brand voice documents
- Incorporating brand approved elements (photography, illustrations, graphic elements, typography and copy) that follow brand standards, messaging and voice in both print and online
- Research and advise regarding design requirements, concerns or issues related to project specific needs
- Manage printer proofs for colour accuracy and maintain file integrity with project stakeholders
- Partnering with internal and external teams and/or vendors to bring projects from conception to completion, on budget and on schedule
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Graphic Design degree/diploma with 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of the following: HTML, CSS, PHP, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility, and general understanding of databases
- Skill in web content management, usability, architecture, design, and development
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, complex large and small projects concurrently and strategically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with little supervision, while learning new technologies quickly
- Ability to work well independently or integrate into a team environment with proven eye for detail, strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Creative thinker, problem solver with excellent time management, planning & organizational skills
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating artistic aptitude and an exceptional sense of design
- Self-confidence and have the ability to accept constructive criticism and feedback regarding design work
Nice to Haves:
- Wireframing experience (eg. Balsamiq, InVision, UXPin, etc.)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Illustration skills
- Motion graphics skills
- Photography skills
In your application, please include:
- Resume and cover letter
- Digital portfolio or link to portfolio
Selected candidates will be given a short design test. Applications submitted without a digital portfolio will not be considered.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
720 King Street West, Suite 320
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2T3