Corporate Law Clerk
Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. We are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and selling medical and adult-use recreational cannabis. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Corporate Law Clerk who will work within the Legal Department and report to the Senior Corporate Law Clerk. As a Corporate Law Clerk, you will be supporting the Legal Department in managing its corporate minute books across its global operations and assisting the Company’s business expansion plans domestically and internationally. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
This position is based out of Toronto, ON.
- Providing independent professional support services.
- Involvement in Company activities, including:
- Assisting with preparation, obtaining signature and filing of various documents
- Drafting resolutions, including annual resolutions
- Assisting with public disclosure filings required by provincial and international legislation, securities legislation, stock exchange requirements and other legislation governing the Company’s activities
- Preparing minute book summaries and identifying deficiencies
- Assisting lawyers and law clerks with respect to various matters, including due diligence reviews
- Providing information as required on request.
- Updating of information in the Company’s record keeping systems.
- Assisting with logistics of Board and Committee meetings and delivery of notices and meeting materials to attendees.
- Administrative functions such as reviewing and preparing invoices and expense reports for payment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may include assisting with some or all of the following:
- Incorporations, dissolutions and revivals/restorations
- Import-export continuances
- Amendments and changes
- College degree/certificate in law clerk studies or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years of experience as a business law clerk in a law firm or corporation.
- Client-service oriented, including strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability and management of multiple priorities combined with a proven ability to meet strict and established timelines.
- High attention to detail.
- Good judgement.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, cannabis regulations are not a prerequisite and can be acquired on the job.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com