Legal Department – Clerk
Legal Department – Clerk
Cronos Group Inc. (TSX-V: MJN) (OTC – Nasdaq Int’l Designation: PRMCF), is a geographically diversified and vertically integrated cannabis company that operates within Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations. We don’t strive to follow best practices; we aspire to set them by building industry leading companies that transform the perception of cannabis and responsibly elevate the consumer experience. We never lose sight of our consumer’s trust as a measure of our success, building an iconic portfolio that offers the most enjoyable products on the market, while generating value for our shareholders.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history, not read about it.
We are looking for a corporate law clerk to join our rapidly growing dedicated Legal team to support the Company’s ambitious domestic and international expansion plans at the forefront of a dynamic and exciting new industry.
The candidate will report directly to the General Counsel based in Toronto.
- Corporate secretarial assistance, such as drafting of routine corporate documents, and maintenance, review and update of corporate minute books.
- Preparation and filing of various corporate and securities filings.
- Maintenance of the company’s options and warrant registries and facilitation of security exercises, liaising with transfer agent as necessary.
- Facilitation of share certificate maintenance for shareholders.
- Communication and coordination with various internal stakeholders across the company – board of directors, senior management, and other departments.
- Liaise with the company’s external counsel as necessary to support legal functions.
- Maintenance of departmental filing system.
- Special projects as necessary.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized post-secondary program or Certificate from the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO).
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience as a law clerk.
- Strong organizational skill and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Superior attention to detail, while remaining responsive and efficient.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities combined, with proven ability to meet strict and established deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity or experience with the cannabis industry is not a prerequisite.
- Quality focused
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving
- Team work
- Planning and organization
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
720 King Street West., Suite 320
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2T3