The Cronos Group is a geographically diversified cannabis group that operates within Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations and distributes globally. We aspire to set best practices by building industry leading companies that transform the perception of cannabis and responsibly elevate the consumer experience. We are comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity.
We are currently recruiting for a General Accountant – Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Toronto, ON, with occasional travel to Stayner, ON.
Responsible for financial analysis of the accounting operation, including corporate accounting and internal and external reporting. Reporting to the Controller in regard to all financial and accounting activities.
- Process invoices, vouchers, expense reports with correct codes to ensure proper entry into QuickBooks
- Ensure complete, accurate and relevant balance sheet account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis
- Review General Ledger transactions and prepare accurate and complete journal entries
- Monitor and track account variances and ensure timely resolution
- Improve the efficiency of existing procedures to a standardize method.
- Assist in ensuring new Operation policy changes are implemented and followed
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and other transactions.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
- Perform other duties as required to support Finance Department such as bank reconciliations, other account reconciliations, process credit card payments or perform vendor analysis.
- Perform month-end closing activities (various accruals; adjusting entries; payroll; prepaid expense and commissions’ accruals)
- Preparation and filing of monthly taxes (HST & QST)
- Assist with policy and procedure documentation
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Provide support to the Finance team as required
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and accounting principles; a candidate for accounting designation (eg. CMA or CGA)
- Proven working experience as a General Accountant with in depth AP experience
- 2-4 years of experience in accounts payable and/or general accounting
- Excel intermediate level experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
76 Stafford Street, Suite 302
Toronto, Ontario M6J 2S1