Director of Procurement
Director of Procurement
Cronos Group Inc. is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: CRON, TSXV: CRON), global cannabis company whose principal activities are the production and sale of cannabis in federally legal jurisdictions. The Company is scaling operations rapidly and globally. For example, we are currently expanding our production footprint in Canada, Israel and Australia and currently selling medical cannabis in Canada and Germany, with more countries to come.
We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
As the Director of Procurement, you will lead the global procurement function across the enterprise. In this fast-paced role, you have the unique opportunity to strategically define and tactically scale and sustain a global procurement function. Reporting directly to the CFO, this position is located in Toronto, Ontario.
We are looking for someone who has done this before, who brings experience and wisdom to the table and can teach us how procurement is done. You will invent the way we should be doing things as our Company grows. If you are up for the challenge of building a nimble, service-focused procurement function from the ground up, this is the right role for you.
Organization & Team Leadership
- Design and develop a leading, end-to-end procurement solution and team to reduce costs, mitigate risks and improve spend compliance. Value stream map procurement process to identify and remedy pain points and waste areas.
- Establish best practices by researching, evaluating and implementing leading edge supplier management tools and techniques.
Supply and Procurement Management
- Handle day-to-day purchasing activities, including standardizing procure-to-pay (“P2P”) processes. This would include leading a team to manage the process of vendor qualification, RFPs, contract negotiations, supplier relationship management, escalations, KPI management, supplier performance and contract compliance.
- Drive improvement across Company’s category spend in terms of service levels and cost-savings.
- Develop sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (such as second sourcing).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree and/or procurement qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of procurement experience. In a perfect world, this means you’ll be an experienced procurement leader who has overseen over $150 million procurement annual spend.
- Experience in contract negotiation, cost optimization, procurement, RFI development, RFQ development, RFP development, buyer management and vendor management.
- Ideally has experience with P2P software as a means to transform and automate the P2P function.
- Full supply chain experience from purchasing to warehousing to sourcing preferred. Familiarity with Kanban systems, JIT, MRP/shop floor work orders, lean procurement, real-time fulfillment preferred.
- A strategic thinker, problem-solver and effective project manager who is comfortable with rolling up one’s sleeves and being hands-on.
- Experience as a change agent in building high-performing teams in complex and changing environments with high levels of ambiguity.
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
720 King Street West., Suite 320
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2T3