Accounts Payable Accountant
Accounts Payable Accountant
The Cronos Group is a geographically diversified cannabis group that operates within Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations and distributes globally. We aspire to set best practices by building industry leading companies that transform the perception of cannabis and responsibly elevate the consumer experience. We are comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity.
We are currently recruiting for a Accounts Payable Accountant– Come join our dynamic team!
This position is based out of Toronto, ON, with occasional travel to Stayner, ON.
Responsible for financial analysis of the accounting operation, including corporate accounting and internal and external reporting. Reporting to the Controller in regard to all financial and accounting activities.
- Process invoices, zero vouchers, expense reports with correct codes to ensure proper entry into custom Financial ERP daily and provide to Controller for review after required approvals & supporting documentation are received
- Prepare weekly AP Aging for Controller review one (1) day prior to weekly cheque run date
- Print cheques weekly, attach supporting documentation, validate and provide to Controller for review
- Prepare all signed cheques for mailing, inclusive of placement in sealed envelopes
- File, maintain, and distribute AP documents, records and reports
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone and/or email
- Perform vendor analysis, validate by tying to vendor statement and file in vendor file
- Perform month-end closing activities (AP accruals; adjusting entries; enter zero vouchers for all automatic bank withdrawals and prepaid expense)
- At month end balance AP subledger to General Ledger and provide reconciliation to Controller by day minus three (3)
- Ensure complete, accurate balance sheet account reconciliations are completed by the 15th business day of the month following and provide soft & hard copy to Controller for review
- Monitor and track expense account variances and ensure timely resolution
- Assist in ensuring new Operation policy changes are implemented and followed
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Provide support to the Finance team as required
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Proven working experience as an AP Accountant
- 4-6 years of experience in accounts payable
- Excel intermediate level experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to working longer hours as needed
- Must be a self starter & independent team player
- Detail oriented with 100% follow up
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
76 Stafford Street, Suite 302
Toronto, Ontario M6J 2S1